This dinner is not only cheap, quick and easy but can also be made from things you’re likely to find in your pantry and crisper, so you’re only ever moments away from a tasty family dinner.
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, stalks and leaves chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped, plus extra slices to serve
- 700g jar of passata
- 4 eggs
- Crusty bread to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the eschalots, celery, parsley stalks, garlic and chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes until the eschalots are translucent and golden.
2. Add the passata and ½ cup (125ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
3. Make small holes in the pan with your spoon then crack the eggs in one by one. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
4. Remove from the heat, top with parsley leaves and extra chilli and serve hot with crusty bread.