Shannon Bennett teaches us how to take the stress out of cooking a roast mid-week.
- 1 cup (200g) quinoa (we used tri-colour quinoa)
- 1⁄4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken marylands (or 4 chicken drumsticks and 4 thighs)
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme, leaves picked
- 2 tbs honey
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup (55g) raisins
- 1⁄4 cup (35g) each sunflower seeds, chopped brazil nuts, pepitas, slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 bunch each flat-leaf parsley and coriander, leaves picked
1.Preheat oven to 220°C. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the quinoa and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
2.Meanwhile place 2 tbs oil in an ovenproof frypan or casserole. Season the chicken and place skin side down over medium heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes until golden.
3.urn, top with thyme and drizzle over half the honey and lemon juice. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
4.To make the dressing combine the remaining olive oil, honey and lemon juice, plus any pan juices, and season.
5.Combine quinoa with the raisins, seeds and nuts then season. Toss through the herbs and dressing. Serve with chicken.